Sunday, February 7, 2016

SoCal Meet-Up, Valentine Banquet, The Power of Yet, Dioramas, & Kahoot

A VERY late 5 for Frunday for me.  It has been a busy weekend.


Yesterday it was such a pleasure to meet up with 32 other lovely ladies who blog & TpT!  I LOVED Katie's home...just look at her color coordinated bookshelf!, but more than loving her beautiful home, I LOVED Katie~her gracious, beautiful, welcoming spirit...the whole afternoon was filled with wonderful conversations & yummy food! I am so blessed to have been a part of this day!
I headed straight from Katie's house to our church's Valentine Banquet...it is a big deal for me, not just because our youth put on a delicious meal, wonderful entertainment, including songs by our youth ensemble, a hilarious version of the Newlywed Game {staring our 4 pastors & their wives}, and yummy desserts...no, this Valentine Banquet was the 15th anniversary of my first date with my husband & 14 years ago he proposed AT the Valentine Banquet in a skit...my daugher{in the kissing booth picture with me} wouldn't be here if it weren't for the Valentine Banquet!  It made for a terrific day!!


 I use Class Dojo in my room and I am LOVING their new series of videos!!!  This week's video was the Power of "Yet"...the sign on the right is a poster I had made in March 2012...we talk all the time about them only saying 'Can't' if they say 'I can't YET' & there it was in the video...such a great reinforcement of what I have been telling them all year!

I wanted to share some of my student's dioramas...I was very proud of the effort most students put into their projects! Go Class!
If your students use devices in class, I HIGHLY recommend using Kahoot! My students LOVE it!!!! I love that they get the immediate feedback on whether they got a question right or wrong.

Okay, off to bed...I will place some of these pictures on Instagram in the morning!  Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. I love your sign about The Power of yet. I would love to add to my classroom this year. Can you please list what is missing from the poster at the bottom.
    Thank you,

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips