Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter! 5 for Frunday & Currently~April

Well, I missed the last 2 Five for Fridays...so I am doing a 5 for Frunday & Currently April...here's the latest...
1st Happy Resurrection Sunday~Happy Easter!!!
{Created by Darcy Baldwin(posted with permission)...click on print to go to her site & download it too!}



This sweet little boy was born just a week and a half ago...I was able to see him the within the first hour of him being born...only his mommy could hold him for the first hour...tomorrow my hubby & I get to go  & hold him (for our first time!) & take lots of pictures! :-D ...can't wait!!!{I took the picture on the right, his mommy took the picture on the left, she had been trying to catch a picture of him smiling...success!}



Last Friday I spent the day with my almost 16 year old son Andrew looking at his first choice college, California Baptist College...we had a great day & it just make him want to go there even more!...his homework from Mom, start reading 

On April 1st we had some fun...I showed the class my email on my doc cam...
... they read the subject line and groaned!! {if you have never been to GoNoodle this may confuse you, if you have you are probably giggling right now!}...then I opened the email...
there were cheers & laughter... right after that we made our April Fool's glasses & invited the principal to drop by our room...{hearts are added in Picmonkey...glasses are made my them!}


It is SPRING BREAK!!!!


April Currently...
EGGS-plain your name~Well...it goes back quite a few years...I had a brand new teacher next door to me several years ago and she created a classroom blog... www.hopintoroom14.blogspot.com ...it was frog themed...her classroom was referred to as 'The Pond'...frogs everywhere~supper cute..I remembered thinking that I would never have a theme in my classroom...a while later I came across all of my apple things...rugs, knickknacks, clock, wall hangings, etc...in my garage {they had been bumped from our home office to make room for my husband's business}...& I thought I could do an apple themed classroom...when I learned from my friend how to make a classroom blog in May of 2010 I titled it "The Apple Basket"...once I discovered the wonderful world of teacher blogging & decided to create one of my own it made sense to me to become 'The Apple Basket Teacher'

UPDATED!
I forgot when I originally posted this to include one topic I was to share with you...I have shared more than once here about the Block family who live in Guatemala...they live at Village of Hope which has this on their website:

GIVING FAITH, FAMILY AND A FUTURE TO ORPHANS WITH SPECIAL
NEEDS IN GUATEMALA WHILE MINISTERING TO THE LOCAL COMMUNITY

They received a precious little abandoned baby girl Lizzy, just 10 days old...she was in desperate need of surgery & God provided for her surgery...the first picture on the upper right was the first one the Block's shared, the second when poor little Lizzy was hurting with her IV...they sent out a request for prayers & the next picture shows her sleeping peacefully..Praise God!..the next two are just such adorable pictures of Lizzy!



{I couldn't add my watermark...these were their 

pictures I just put them together}

"They are saying that she has about 10% of her

 brain.  That there will be no quality of life. That she

 will only have reflexes... And yet she knows Addisyn 

Block voice. She calms when she holds her. She is 

comforted by her touch. She knows SHE is loved. 

And that, that simple thing- is really all any of us 

ever need- to be loved." This quote was shared on 

their facebook page {italics mine for emphasis}  

The bond between these two is evident in the 

pictures...I am so glad God put them together! 

Please pray for the healing & growth of Lizzy's

 brain...our God is the God of miracles, just look at

 what  today is RESURRECTION SUNDAY!!






1 comment:

  1. Nancy,
    Congrats on your new grandson, Tyler! He is precious =)
    I did not know there was a VOH in Guatemala. My church partners with one in Zambia and I have been dreaming to go there. I'll have to check out the Block's website. It is so hard to imagine that someone could abandon their child. Lizzy is a precious gift from God. Thank goodness for people like the Blocks!
    Have a wonderful Spring Break!
    Cecelia
    I Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips